⏰In a nutshell,
When Alarmy is terminated in the background AND the device is in silence/DnD mode, alarms cannot ring and will only vibrate. Please keep Alarmy alive in the background and please turn off silence/DnD mode just in case Alarmy is terminated unintentionally.
1) Why can't the alarm ring?
According to iOS policy, Alarmy cannot ring if the two conditions below are both met and can only vibrate with several notifications.
- If Alarmy is terminated in the background, it cannot work as intended to.
- Instead of alarm, it will send multiple push notifications.
- When the device is on DND(Do Not Disturb) or Silence mode
- As push notifications are operated via device system and not Alarmy, it will only vibrate regardless of the ringtone volume you set in Alarmy.
2) In which cases is Alarmy terminated in the background?
Here are some examples of when Alarmy is terminated by iOS system.
- When the user swipes the app off from the multi-tasking screen*
- *The screen that shows when you double click the home button
- Lack of memory in the device
- After OS is updated
- When low power mode is on
- After the device is rebooted
BUT, according to the iOS system, it is technically impossible for users to know whether an app is alive in the background. That means seeing an app in the multi-tasking screen does not necessarily guarantee the app being alive.
3) Then what should I do?
First, please keep Alarmy alive in the background if there's an alarm scheduled. If possible, it's best to swipe off other apps than Alarmy.
Second, just in case Alarmy is terminated by the OS, please turn off DND or silence mode.
Also, please refrain from using the following features as they may prevent Alarmy from ringing. If these are necessary, please relaunch Alarmy after the events.
- Forced termination of Alarmy from the multi-tasking screen
- Alarmy upgrade
- OS update
- Battery saving mode (Low power mode)
- Phone reboot
Finally, charging the phone during sleep would help Alarmy stay alive in the background.
⏰Keep this in mind
- Tip: If you need to use DND mode, how about trying ‘Scheduled DND’?
- [Your device Settings > Do Not Disturb > Scheduled]
If this solution is not helpful, please send us a mail via [Settings tab > 'Send Feedback']. Then we can look into your error log and fix the error ASAP.
Don’t forget to include the comment that you tried solutions in the FAQ already. It is the fastest way to get a proper support!